Friday, March 27, 2009

been hibernatin'

Well, it has been a ridculously long time since I have made a post. However, I have been recently inspired to post again due to some other habitual non-posters throwing their hats back into the ring. I just got my first good ride of the year in about a week ago. My buddy Adam Thacker and I did about 40 miles of the MCT network at a pace somewhere between very, very fast and very, very slow. Although, I am currently without a cycling computer(which is kind of nice) Adam was fully equipped with the Garmin Edge 305. So basically, every 5 minutes I just called out "how fast are we going now". At the end of a ride which consisted of some short hammer-fests, lazy soft-pedaling, and plenty of coasting while taking in the sights, we averaged 17mph for the ride. Which isn't bad considering I barely rode the trainer this winter and after a recent cold, my level of fitness is shameful. In other news, I recently purchased a Specialized Tricross comp, man I love this bike.




No, I do not cyclocross, yet, but that doesn't mean I don't need a cyclocross bike. It's current purpose is sort of a commuter/light mountain biking/back country dirt and gravel road tour machine. I am also hopefully heading out to winghaven tomorrow to pick up a single speed mountain bike.






No I don't mountain bike, yet, and I am not for sure why I have ignored the glorious invention of gears but something about a single speed hardtail seems just right to me. It is probably because I have no mountain skills whatsoever and my subconcious told me this would be a great excuse if I am ever draggin ass on the trail. Hope everyone has a safe cycling season.

No comments: